From our expert medical and therapy staff, to our outstanding therapy gym, to our beautiful setting, to our tireless commitment to your successful outcome, at The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills, we are here to help you.
Long-Term Skilled Nursing
In addition to 24-hour nursing care, residents in our long-term skilled nursing neighborhoods receive specialized attention from geriatricians, physiatrists, wound and internal medicine physicians and mental health specialists. Programs include diabetes management, post-surgery recovery, wound care and IV therapy.
Nursing, orthopedic, neurological, cardiac, respiratory care, balance and fall prevention—your wellness is our priority. The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills features programs for a range of needs for people of all ages:
- Neurologic (LSVT BIG certified)
- Vestibular rehab and balance dysfunctions
- Post-acute rehab
- Recreational therapy
- Speech and comprehension problems
- Voice problems (LVST LOUD and VitalStim certified)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cognition issues
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Gait training
- Pain management
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) apartment to help you transition back to your life with confidence
CMS Five-Star Quality Rating
Burcham Hills, the Life Plan Community serving East Lansing and the surrounding areas, has been awarded awarded the achievement of a Five-Star Rating for The Center for Health & Rehabilitation, its on-site skilled nursing and rehabilitation center.
“Care excellence is our most important mission here at The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills,” says Administrator Pegi Chatti. “I’m so proud of the quality we as a team are able to provide for residents and their families, and achievement of the Five-Star Rating underscores the value we place on that mission.”
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services created the Five-Star Quality Rating System to help consumers, their families and caregivers compare nursing homes more easily and to help identify areas about which they may want to ask questions.
The CMS Nursing Home Compare website features a quality rating system that gives each nursing home a rating between one and five stars. Nursing homes with five stars are considered to have much above average quality and nursing homes with 1 star are considered to have quality much below average.
The Center for Health & Rehabilitation is just one of the senior living options available within the greater Burcham Hills community. As part of its Life Plan Community concept, residents may choose from private apartment residences for independent living, assisted living, memory care or suites for short-term rehabilitation, memory care or long-term nursing care.
There is one overall five-star rating for each nursing home, and a separate rating for each of the following three sources of information:
- Health Inspections – The health inspection rating is generated from the last 3 years of on-site inspections, including both standard surveys and any complaint surveys. This information is gathered by trained, objective inspectors who go onsite to the nursing home and follow a specific process to determine the extent to which a nursing home has met Medicaid and Medicare’s minimum quality requirements. The most recent survey findings are weighted more than the prior two years.
- Staffing – The staffing rating is determined by the number of hours of care provided on average to each resident each day by nursing staff. This rating considers differences in the levels of residents’ care needed in each nursing home. For example, a nursing home with residents who had more severe needs would be expected to have more nursing staff than a nursing home where the resident needs were not as high.
- Quality Measures (QMs) – The quality measure rating is based on 16 different physical and clinical measures for nursing home residents. The rating now includes data about a nursing home’s use of antipsychotic medications in both long-stay and short-stay residents. This information is collected by the nursing home for all residents. The QMs offer insight into how well nursing homes are caring for their residents’ physical and clinical needs.
“Only the top health care centers are awarded a five-star rating,” says Chatti. “For The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills to be considered in the top tier of performance is truly an honor and testament to the hardworking caregivers here in the community.”
We invite you to call The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills at (517) 827-1035 today to pre-register for your care after an elective surgery or procedure.
Services & Amenities
The Center for Health & Rehabilitation at Burcham Hills is like home with a whole lot more:
- Spacious private suites
- Satellite TV, phones and Wi-Fi access
- Delicious, balanced meals served in a beautiful dining area
- Spacious therapy gym with high-tech equipment
- Outdoor patios and balconies in a park-like setting
Features to make life easy and days delightful:
- On-site wellness gym
- Transportation to physician appointments
- Weekly shopping transportation
- Full life-enrichment and recreation calendar
- Private dining room
- Children’s outdoor playground
- Putting green
- Gardens, paved walking paths, waterfall feature
For your added convenience:
- Personal wellness services
- Covered parking
- Beauty shop and barber services
- Personal trainer and massage therapy
- Outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy